I am a third-year PhD student in Machine Learning at UCL , London. I work under the supervision of Massimiliano Pontil and Carlo Ciliberto.
My main research interest focuses on the interplay of optimal transport and machine learning. I enjoy optimal transport theory and I find its applications in applied sciences very interesting. On a minor side, I also work a bit on structured prediction and surrogate frameworks.
- PhD student at UCL, Computer Science department
- MSc. Mathematics, University of Pavia, 2014-2016
- MSc dissertation: Contraction and regularizing effects for Markov semigroups in Hellinger-Kantorovich spaces
- Advisor: Giuseppe Savare’
- Exchange Program (Mar. 2015- Aug. 2015) at Humboldt University, Berlin
- BSc. Mathematics, University of Pavia , 2011-2014
You can find my full CV here .
- GL, S. Salzo, M. Pontil, C.Ciliberto, Sinkhorn Barycenter with Free Support via Frank-Wolfe Algorithm , NeurIPS 2019 (spotlight)
- GL, G. Savare’, Contraction and regularizing properties of heat flows in metric
measure spaces , DCDS-Series S, doi: 10.3934/dcdss.2020327
- GL, D. Stamos, M. Pontil, C. Ciliberto, Leveraging Low-Rank Relations Between Surrogate Tasks in Structured Prediction, ICML 2019.
- GL, A. Rudi, M. Pontil, C. Ciliberto, Differential Properties of Sinkhorn Approximations for Learning with Wasserstein Loss , NeurIPS 2018.
News (conferences/workshops I have attended)
- DeepMind CSML Seminar Series , 28 Nov 2019, London, (slides)
- MAGA days 20-21 Nov 2019, Paris (slides)
- POTA workshop Jun. 2019, Cortona (Italy)
- ICML Jun. 2019, Long Beach (poster)
- NeurIPS Dec. 2018, Montreal (poster)
- Optimal Transportation and Applications 2018, Pisa, Italy
- MLSS 2018 , Buenos Aires